- WHAT IS THE GOAL OF COASTAL NJ SMALL BUSINESS?
The main idea here is to engage readers in the mantra that ‘shopping at small businesses is good for the environment and supportive of the community at large.’
- WHAT KINDS OF BUSINESSES DO YOU FEATURE?
We feature small businesses on the NJ Coast who are committed to eco-friendliness.
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ECO-FRIENDLY?
Being eco-friendly can mean a lot of things, but they all center around the theme of being conscious of the environment and doing what you can to preserve it. Conserve Energy Future describes eco-friendliness as “focused on not creating harm to environment, and to prevent as much harm from occurring to the environment through your interactions with it.”
For a clearer idea of what you can do to ‘go green’ check out BioFriendly’s Blog post of 50 Ways to Make Your Life More Environmentally Friendly.
- WHAT AREAS OF NJ DO YOU COVER?
Coastal NJ: Keansburg, Aberdeen, Long Branch, Red Bank, Asbury Park, Highlands, and more.
- WHAT ARE THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THIS WEBSITE?
- To introduce the community to the idea that ‘shopping at small businesses is good for the environment and supportive of the community at large
- To motivate students to “shop locally”
- To help sustain the coastal community though promotion of local businesses
- To highlight businesses in coastal towns with sustainable business practices
- To engage the community (Monmouth with downtown/Urban Coast)
- WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE?
Monmouth University students, the Coastal NJ community, and small businesses.
- WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT CAN I EXPECT FROM THIS WEBSITE?
We will feature various small businesses in the NJ coastal area who are attentive to environmental issues.
- WHY IS ‘SHOPPING SMALL’ IMPORTANT?
Shopping small supports the community and the environment through locally produced products, less pollution, and a friendlier service at each shop. Learn more about this and the science behind it on our Mission Page.
- CAN I FIND YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
- WHO SUPPORTS THIS WEBSITE?
We are made possible by the Urban Coast Institute at Monmouth University.
- I WOULD LIKE YOU TO FEATURE MY SMALL BUSINESS OR HAVE A QUESTION/COMMENT REGARDING THIS WEBSITE. WHO CAN I CONTACT?
You may contact Morissa at MorissaSchwartz@gmail.com.